Wrongful Death Claims In Alabama

In most states, immediate family members such as a spouse and children can file wrongful death claims when a loved one has died in a car accident or other accident. In Alabama, however, only the personal representative (executor) of an estate may bring a wrongful death claim. All damages are paid to the estate.

Learn about what the law says regarding your loved one's fatal accident and your opportunity to bring a wrongful death claim if you are the personal representative. Contact Richard F. Horsley LLC in Birmingham to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation appointment to discuss how to get your wrongful death claim underway.

I am Richard F. Horsley, and I mean it when I say that I sympathize with you in your time of loss. I am sensitive to your need to mourn and deal with emotional and practical matters. At the same time, I know how important it is to get a case started promptly after an accidental death. I can begin gathering evidence for an investigation behind the scenes while you handle a funeral, burial and other family matters, without disturbing you in your time of grief.

Money Cannot Replace A Loved One But It Can Help A Family Cope

No one and nothing can take the place of your mother, father, husband, wife, son, daughter, brother or sister who died in an auto accident or due to medical malpractice or nursing home abuse. However, as life goes on, financial support can help your family move forward without hardship. Richard F. Horsley LLC can help determine what sources of compensation apply in your loved one's fatal accident case. We can investigate the crash or other accident to determine how it happened and who should pay compensation.

When should you contact a lawyer after a fatal accident? Right away, if possible. I am lawyer Richard F. Horsley. You will have the most opportunities to recover compensation through your loved one's estate if you contact me as soon as possible after a crash.

Get the advice and advocacy you need as a personal representative or close family member after a family member's car or truck accident or any accidental injury. Call 205-208-7478 or send an email inquiry to schedule a consultation with an Alabama attorney.